With Spring fast approaching, we can't help but think of revamping our outdoor patio spaces. West Elm Bakery Square has launched their Spring collections and some killer sales! We checked out their latest arrivals to find you some of the best deals, as well as some of the coolest pieces. We also heard you loud and clear with our last blog about West Elm. You LOVE small space hacks and strategic design strategy. Having a tiny outdoor patio doesn't mean you have to miss out on the joys of having an outdoor space to call your own. If you have a small patio and are looking to maximize your space, take a look at our pro tips below! With some creativity and thoughtful planning, you can turn your small patio into a cozy and inviting oasis.
Start with a Plan
Now, before you start buying furniture and decor, start with a plan for your outdoor space. Try to think about how you want to use the space and what features you want to include. Do you want a cozy space to relax and read a good book? Or do you want a space to entertain friends and family all summer long? You have to consider the size and shape of your patio and make a rough sketch of your plan. This will help you visualize how the space will look and it will help you figure out what elements you need to include. The pros at West Elm Bakery Square will help you sketch everything out and plan for whatever kind of hosting you want to do!
Choose the Right Furniture
When it comes to choosing furniture for a small outdoor patio, it's important to choose pieces that are both functional and space-saving. Opt for furniture that is lightweight and easy to move around, such as folding chairs and tables. You can also choose furniture that doubles as storage, such as benches with built-in storage compartments. Consider the material of your furniture, too. Wicker or metal furniture can add a touch of elegance to your space, while plastic or resin furniture is durable and easy to clean.
- The Huron Outdoor Small Lounge Chair is a great option for a small patio. It has a sleek and modern design that won't take up too much space, and the cushion adds a cozy touch. The chair is made from weather-resistant materials, so it can withstand the elements.
- You could also go with the Portside Folding Bistro Set. It’s a versatile option for a small patio. The set includes a folding table and two chairs, so you can easily move it around or store it when you're not using it. The set is made from solid wood and has a classic, timeless design.
Add some greenery
Plants can add color and life to any outdoor space, and they're especially important in a small patio area. Consider adding potted plants or hanging baskets to your patio. If you don't have much floor space, vertical gardens can be a great way to add greenery without taking up too much room. You can also consider adding a small herb garden or vegetable garden to your patio. West Elm has some options on sale right now, and while we recommend stopping by in store and having a design expert help you find whats right fir your space, here are some of our recommendations.
- The Faux Potted Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree is a popular choice for those who love the look of fiddle leaf fig trees but don't want to deal with the maintenance. This faux tree looks just like the real thing and comes in a stylish pot that complements any decor.
- We also recommend the faux potted succulents. If you're a fan of succulents but don't want to deal with the maintenance, faux potted succulents are a great option. West Elm's Faux Potted Succulents come in a set of three and look just like the real thing. They're a great way to add a touch of greenery to your home without the hassle of watering and caring for live plants.
Lighting can create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your outdoor space, especially in the evenings. Consider adding string lights or lanterns to your patio area. If you have a small tree nearby, you can wrap string lights around the branches to create a magical effect. Solar-powered lights are a great option for a small patio, as they don't require any electrical wiring. Here are some options we found for you that do the job, provide the ambiance, and don’t totally break the bank.
- Globe string lights are a classic and timeless option that can add a cozy and romantic atmosphere to your outdoor space. West Elm's Globe String Lights come in a variety of lengths and bulb styles, so you can find the perfect match for your needs.
- Outdoor lanterns are a versatile option that can add a touch of sophistication and elegance to your outdoor space. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, from traditional lanterns to modern and contemporary designs. If you're looking for an eco-friendly and cost-effective lighting option, solar-powered outdoor lights are a great choice.
- Outdoor Floor Lamps come in a variety of styles and materials, from sleek and modern designs to rustic and natural options.
Personalize with decor
Finally, don't forget to add some personal touches to your outdoor space with decor. Consider adding outdoor rugs, throw pillows, or wall art to your patio area. You can also add decorative elements such as wind chimes or outdoor sculptures to make the space your own. Here are our top three picks:
- Outdoor rugs are a great way to add some color and texture to your outdoor space, while also providing a comfortable and inviting surface for your feet. West Elm's outdoor rugs come in a variety of styles and patterns, from geometric designs to bold stripes, and they're made from durable materials that can withstand the elements.
- Outdoor pillows are an easy and affordable way to add some color and comfort to your outdoor seating area. Their outdoor pillows come in a variety of sizes and patterns, from bold and bright to understated and elegant.
- Outdoor curtains can help create a sense of privacy and add some shade to your outdoor space. West Elm's outdoor curtains come in a variety of colors and patterns, from neutral tones to bold prints, and they're made from durable materials that can withstand the elements.
Honestly, so much goes into decorating and designing a small outdoor patio space. It really requires some careful planning and creativity. By choosing the right furniture, adding greenery, and maybe consulting a professional at West Elm Bakery Square, you can start Spring iff on the right foot!